Saturday, October 11, 2014

Italians know how to do it right :) - Amazing Farmhouse in Tuscany :)

My mom just got our tickets to fly into Italy and travel through Italy, Germany, and France this summer. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! :) :) :) Yesterday she sent me links to see the places we're staying at in Italy. We aren't a fancy hotel staying family. My mom searches out all the best deals and finds really cheap places to stay  that are really cool, authentically European homes/apartments. I am so in love with the timeless European style... These places are hundreds, sometimes even thousands of years old. Everything is just so REAL looking.... it is amazing to me. How is it that the Europeans just know how to do things... they just know how to live right :) At least how to make their homes look right.... I looked at every photo of every place we're staying a few times.... just soaking it all in and getting even more excited to go. One place was looked so amazing. Like it was out of a magazine or something. Sadly, it's the one place my mom and Heidi are going before I arrive in Italy (Tuscany), but I can still enjoy the richness of its character and love it so much that I have to make a blog post just for its sake... it's just too amazing not to share :)

It's hard to say all I love about this kitchen..... the simplicity is beautiful, yet every detail is so rich at the same time! I love the wooden window and the ledge beneath the window, the simple curtains, the large sink, the fabric curtain beneath the cupboard, the doors, the box of wood, the floor... it's so simple yet so beautiful! The basket of fresh fruit... with leaves still on it, a block if Italian cheese.... It makes me want to live in this beautiful place!






That bookcase built into the wall, the desk, wooden beams across the ceiling, and again the stone floor :)

The cool blue/white walls, the lavender in the pitcher, the bed...




I don't even get to stay here specifically.... but needless to say it makes me extremely excited to experience the beautiful simplicity of European culture. I've been to France once, and can't wait to wander again among the fields of lavender and taste the fresh baguette and goat cheese! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment