Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toucano's... an AP Test CELEBRATION!!!

Well here is a fabulous story to be told.  To begin, let me first say that I love Savanna very much, even though she can sometimes be very lame :)  Decided months in advance, Savanna and I had decided that were we able to pass our very first AP test (Human Geography), we would reward ourselves by taking a trip to the Brazilian Grill: Toucano's at the Gateway.  To our delight, we both PASSED our test! Following this fabulous event, we continued to schedule and put into action our mother-daughter date at Toucano's.  In a spirit of excitement, Savanna and I decided that we would dress up cRaZy together when we went to lunch, but due to her lameness ;) she bailed out on me!  Intent on still making the best of the situation, I bought a GORGEOUS outfit at the D.I. and was ready to go crazy... Even if I did it alone.

So here I am. Decked out in pink pumps from the 1900's, a lime green mini skirt, technicolor plaid shirt, colorful dangles, sparkly red lipstick, AND a fashionable hairdo with matching polka-dotted ribbon. 

Here we are again.  Savanna, who is a completely sensible, mature and normal fifteen year old, was stunned by the amazing fashion sense her friend had... and could not believe I had the flare to wear this in public.

So, determined to make an entrance, I continued on my way... DRIVING (Yes, I drove) to the Gateway.

However, I was intent on also staying modest, so I forced myself to change from my lime green mini skirt into  less sensible and boring attire.
We tried some DELICIOUS foods....
                               

And some not-so-tasty, as modeled in this picture by Savanna as she tastes a QUAIL egg.  Do not be deceived... Although they may look completely harmless from the outside, they are a nasty suprise as you plunge into the surface.  I would not advice eating them regularly as the bitter flavor may be bad for your health.

As previously demonstrated... some were not so tasty!


And... CHICKEN HEARTS!!! Which I actually found rather tasty.  Yum!
All in all, we had a pretty great time...I just can't wait to pass my next AP test and see what adventures will await me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment